Yes, that’s not a problem. We understand there might be some ingredients you can't eat, can't get hold of, or just don't like. You can change a specific ingredient for something else within a recipe, you don’t have to avoid that meal altogether.
But remember, as the recipes are tailored to you, it's best to stick to the ingredients and amounts listed as best you can. If you want to swap an ingredient, try to swap out carbohydrates for carbohydrates, fats for fats, and protein for protein, and in similar quantities. Feel free to play around with different vegetables and herbs/spices as these will have less impact on the tailoring of your recipes.
As you progress through the plan, your collection of recipes will evolve so you'll have more of your favourite recipes to choose from after each check-in.
- Chicken breast, turkey breast, beef mince (5% fat), steak (trimmed of visible fat), pork tenderloin
- Salmon, smoked salmon, cod, haddock, prawns, crab, tinned tuna
- Eggs, vegetarian sausages, soya mince, tofu, tempeh, seitan, vegan meat substitutes
- Pasta, noodles, rice, quinoa, potato, sweet potato, bread, couscous, gnocchi, oats
Beans, pulses and legumes examples:
- Lentils, tinned chickpeas, tinned beans, edamame or soya beans
- Avocado, nuts, nut butters, seeds, cheeses
- Olive oil, butter, coconut oil
- Onion, courgette, pepper, aubergine, mushrooms, tomatoes
- Carrot, parsnips, beetroot, peas, sweetcorn
- Broccoli, spinach, mangetout, sugar snap peas, kale, green beans, asparagus, cabbage
- Yoghurt, quark, cream cheese, crème fraîche, soured cream, tinned coconut milk, cottage cheese
- Skimmed milk, semi-skimmed milk, soya milk, almond milk, coconut milk, oat milk
- Curry paste, jerk paste, harissa paste, chipotle paste, miso paste, sriracha sauce, table sauces
Herbs, spices and flavouring examples:
- Coriander, parsley, basil, thyme, dill, rosemary, oregano
- Paprika, cumin, chilli flakes, cayenne, cinnamon, nutmeg, mixed spice
- Garlic, ginger, lemon juice and zest, lime juice and zest, stock cube, salt and pepper